MIDAS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
MIDAS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
GDPR and Your Personal Data
At MIDAS we hold your Personal Data under secure conditions using the following software which is GDPR compliant.
- ACT CRM Database (Customer Relationship Management)
- Vmail Verto UK (Marketing platform for email businesses)
- Sage Accounts (Accountancy System)
All MIDAS future marketing contact with our existing pre-May 25th 2018 CRM database will be completed using the grounds of Legitimate Interest. All new clients will be asked to positively opt-in after this date.
As required by Law, we will inform all contacts at risk, within a 72-hour window of becoming aware, of an occurrence of a data breach.
Right to Access
MIDAS will provide confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being held or processed by us, where the data is being stored and for what purpose. Furthermore, we shall provide a copy of the personal data in writing if requested.
Right to be Forgotten *
The right to be forgotten entitles you to obtain from the controller the erasure of any personal data without undue delay and to stop any further distribution of the data.
* Warning - once we delete all your records, we will not be able to monitor your name should you then re-appear via a request for a quote or other information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- records of any correspondence between you and Midas
What we do with the information we gather
The legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described in this policy. To understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. We will not be liable for any loss of or interception of your information, unless this results from our failure to use reasonable steps to keep it secure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use Google Analytics to collect information on how visitors use of our website. This information helps us to generate reports and to help us develop our website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, the information collected is the number of visitors to the site, how visitors have arrived at our website and all the pages that are visited. For further information you can visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
Further information on cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org. If you’d like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website. Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the options that you can click to indicate how you want to be contacted in the future.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- If you would like you data to be removed at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Midas Pattern Company Ltd, 22 Shuttleworth Road, Bedford, MK41 0RX
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties
You may request details of personal information by writing to Midas Pattern Company Ltd, 22 Shuttleworth Road, Bedford, MK41 0RX. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.