Midas Terms and Conditions
Midas issues a copy of our current trading Terms & Conditions with every quotation that is requested. Placement of an order confirms that you agree and accept our conditions.
A copy of our TERMS & CONDITIONS is available upon request, however please always refer to the copy attached to your quotation for the latest version.
Midas and GDPR
Data protection is changing and in May 2018 the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force. Although the UK will subsequently be leaving the EU due to the Brexit vote, Article 50 was triggered on March 29th 2017 meaning the UK must adhere to the GDPR changes.
What is GDPR in summary?
GDPR will be Europe’s new framework for data protection law and will replace the previous 1995 directive. It is designed to harmonise data privacy laws across Europe whilst giving greater protection and rights to individuals as well. This is meant to be a step change in protection and is required due to the amount of digital information we now create, capture and store. You can read more in-depth information about GDPR on the Information Commissioner’s Website:
How does this involve Midas and you?
All Companies are affected by GDPR if they are ‘controllers’ or ‘processers’ of personal data. Personal data broadly means any piece of information that can be used to identify a person; for example, a name, address, IP address, email and the list goes on.
At Midas, to ensure we provide a comprehensive service through legitimate business links we maintain a Customer Relationship Database (CRM system) and as such hold very basic information about you. Typically,
· name and job title.
· contact information including email address.
· demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
· other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· We may use the information to improve our products and services.
· We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the options that you can click to indicate how you want to be contacted in the future.
· If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
· If you would like your data to be removed at any time please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Midas Pattern Company Ltd, 22 Shuttleworth Road, Bedford, MK41 0RX.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.